Saturday, October 19, 2013

The brace-face year; prepping for a stage worthy smile and didn't even know it!

Last year, I had adult braces and they were cute all of ten seconds before I got tired of them.  Not only did I sound like a 12 year old with my voice but strip off the makeup and I was a lean mean tween. 

I remember the consultation I had with my orthodontist and he asked me what kind of smile I wanted. I told him I wanted to keep my original smile, just straighten my bottom teeth. He said ok. We went on with the consultation and he took a few photos of my teeth and  smile for my records. He asked me again what kind of smile I wanted. I couldn't decide whether he was hard of hearing or just trying to make a point, so I gave him the benefit of the doubt and chose the latter. I told him I wanted a dazzling smile that would shine brightly across a crowded room or on a stage. I wanted it to be noticeable, big, bright and beautiful. I also threw in, like how it is now but straighter. I assumed by his much more satisfied disposition that this was the answer he was looking for. We went the long way around the bush but finally we had gotten somewhere. I didn't know from that consultation that I was speaking light into what I was in store for in the future with fitness modeling. My braces came off just in time for my first show and I couldn't stop smiling. I was like a grinning fool. Licking my teeth and showing off my choppers every chance I got.

I was in my element. I could not only show off my body that I was working extremely hard for but I was showing off my perfectly straight and pearly white teeth that I paid a grip for. I was proud, and knowing the outcome and what it took to get where I was and knowing what I had ahead of me made me smile even more. So even when I don't feel like it, when I'm not on stage and when it's just me in the room, I smile. There's too much to frown about so why not?



No comments:

Post a Comment